We advise all players on acquisition transactions whether it is an asset acquisition or a share purchase agreement (SPA).
Recently we have successfully completed an asset acquisition to one of our clients which is an international pharmaceutical company acquiring one of the largest pharmaceutical factories in Sudan, For this one client alone, our work has comprised of:
- Setting up a Sudanese company with 100% foreign ownership
- Conducting a comprehensive legal due diligence
- Drafting and negotiating the SPA
- Obtaining the consent of the investment authority for the acquisition deal.
- Advising on financing the acquisition transaction taking into account the special circumstances of doing business in Sudan under the American and international financial sanctions, and Sudanese foreign currency control.
- Transferring the title of the land to the purchaser.
- Complying with the regulatory requirements of the Sudanese National Council for Drugs and Poisons.
- Transferring the ownership of more than one hundred trademarks to the purchaser.
- We successfully won a precedent in court to allow the new foreign owner the right to distribute its products in Sudan.
- We advised the new owner in upgrading the pharmaceutical factory and the store warehouse to the latest state of the art technology and that includes the construction contract under FIDIC.
- During the upgrade phase we advised the owner on a tall manufacturing agreement with another factory.
- We advised the owner on an operational loan including a corporate guarantee from a sister company.